The following are Lighting related industry resource links. This page contains one of the most comprehensive compilations of Lighting design, theory, case studies, and energy efficient design resources on the Internet. These links will take you directly to the web sites. To open in a new window, right click the link, select "Open in new window". Otherwise, use your browsers back button to return to this page. We welcome any comments or suggestion to improve this resource and help make your job easier. mailto:email@example.com
- AIA - Iowa Chapter - Iowa Chapter - The American Institute of Architects
- AIA - The American Institute of Architects - National professional Association of Architects
- ALA - American Lighting Association - The American Lighting Association is a trade association representing the lighting industry. Its membership includes lighting and fan manufacturers, retail showrooms, sales representatives and lighting designers dedicated to providing the public with the proper application of quality residential lighting.
- Architectural Lighting Design Software - Rayfront - The Lighting Design Toolkit. Rayfront is an advanced architectural lighting design software
- ASHRAE - ASHRAE will advance the arts and sciences of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and related human factors to serve the evolving needs of the public and ASHRAE members.
- ASHRAE - Standard 90.1-2004 - ASHRAE Online book
- ASHRAE - Standard 90.2-2004 - ASHRAE Online book
- BetterBricks - The goal of Better Bricks is to help business professionals understand the power of energy efficiency to make a real difference in their buildings and in their business. It's about how to make buildings work harder and smarter.
- CHPS -The Collaborative for High Performance Schools - The Collaborative's goal is to facilitate the design of high performance schools: environments that are not only energy efficient, but also healthy, comfortable, well lit, and containing the amenities needed for a quality education.
- CIE - International Commission on Illumination - The International Commission on Illumination - abbreviated as CIE from its French title Commission International de l'Eclairage - is an organization devoted to international cooperation and exchange of information among its member countries on all matters relating to the science and art of lighting.
- COMcheck-Web Home Page - The COMcheck free soft or web based tools simplify and clarify commercial and high-rise residential energy code compliance. Forms and checklists are included for documenting compliance.
- Designers Lighting Forum - New England - Established in 1968, the Designers Lighting Forum of New England is a non-profit organization dedicated to lighting education in an informal setting. We inform the Design Community about the newest lighting technologies and cutting-edge lighting applications through professionally-led seminars and site visits to actual installations.
- Designers Lighting Forum - New York - The Designers Lighting Forum of New York is committed to exploring and presenting the power and importance of lighting in design.
- DLC - Design Lights Consortium - The Design Lights Consortium - A collaboration of community-based utility companies and regional public service organizations - is committed to raising commercial awareness of the benefits of efficient lighting. Our Mission is to help you - builders, architects, designers, and commercial property owners - implement improved design practices in all areas of the commercial lighting market.
- DOE Building Energy Codes - Home - DOE's Building Energy Codes Program is an information resource on national model energy codes. We work with other government agencies, state and local jurisdictions, national code organizations, and industry to promote stronger building energy codes and help states adopt, implement, and enforce those codes.
- EEI - Edison Electric Institute - EEI works closely with all of its members, representing their interests and advocating equitable policies in legislative and regulatory arenas. In its leadership role, EEI provides advocacy, authoritative analysis, and critical industry data to its members, Congress, government agencies, the financial community and other opinion-leader audiences. EEI provides forums for member company representatives to discuss issues and strategies to advance the industry and to ensure a competitive position in a changing marketplace.
- Energy Design Resources - Energy Design Resources offers a valuable palette of energy design tools and resources that help make it easier to design and build energy-efficient commercial and industrial buildings
- EdisonReport.com - Informing and commenting upon the Lighting Industry
- Energy Star - ENERGY STAR is a government-backed program helping businesses and individuals protect the environment through superior energy efficiency
- Environmental Energy Technologies Division - The mission of the Environmental Energy Technologies Division is to perform research and development leading to better energy technologies and reduction of adverse energy-related environmental impacts
- Green Buildings - Green Building Pages, Inc. is an on-line, sustainable design and decision-making tool for building industry professionals and environmentally and socially responsible consumer. Green Building Pages' mission is to create a clear, concise, public format for communicating comprehensive, current, and transparent information to enable building industry professionals and consumers seeking a healthy, sustainable lifestyle to choose building materials that preserve health, the environment, and whose production and manufacture processes promote social equity and economic sustainability.
- IALD - International Association of Lighting Designers - The IALD provides a network for the exchange of information among professionals as well as an active referral system for architects, interior designers, facility managers, building owners and others looking for a lighting designer.
- IDSA - International Dark-Sky Association - The International Dark-Sky Association's goals are to be effective in stopping the adverse environmental impact on dark skies by building awareness of the problem of light pollution and of the solutions, and to educate everyone about the value and effectiveness of quality nighttime lighting.
- IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - The IEEE, a non-profit organization, is the world's leading professional association for the advancement of technology. The full name of the IEEE is the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
- IESANZ - Illuminating Engineering Society of Australia and New Zealand - The aim of the Society is the advancement of the art and science of illumination and the dissemination of knowledge to all interested parties
- IESNA - Illuminating Engineering Society of North America - The Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA) is the recognized technical authority on illumination. The IESNA seeks to improve the lighted environment by bringing together those with lighting knowledge and by translating that knowledge into actions that benefit the public
- IESNY - Illuminating Engineering Society - New York Chapter -
- IESNA - Los Angeles Section - Los Angeles Section of the IESNA. Our mission: To advance knowledge and to disseminate information for the improvement of the lighted environment to the benefit of society.
- IESNA - Mission Section - Mission Section of the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America: We are a non-profit professional organization, dedicated to the advancement of the art and science of illumination.
- IFMA - International Facility Management Association - IFMA is the largest and most widely recognized professional association for facility management.
- International Interior Design Assn - The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) is a professional networking and educational association committed to enhancing the quality of life thought excellence in interior design and advancing interior design through knowledge.
- International Light - International Light and International Light Technologies company, has been manufacturing research oriented light measurement equipment since 1965.
- Libris Design - Libris Design is a library facility planning information system which includes a website with recent information on facility planning topics, a database of recently constructed California public libraries, an area for users to communicate with each other, user help documentation and a trial version of the Libris Design database.
- LBNL - Lighting Research Group - The lighting research group at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory performs research aimed at improving the energy efficiency of lighting systems in buildings and homes, throughout California and across the nation. The goal is to reduce lighting energy consumption by 50% over twenty years so that it is available where and when needed, and at the required intensity.
- LCA - Lighting Controls Association - The Lighting Controls Association (LCA), an adjunct of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), is the association dedicated to educating the professional building design, construction and management communities about the benefits and operation of automatic switching and dimming controls. The benefits include energy savings, flexibility and higher-quality building environments.
- Lighting.com - Professional Lighting - The online resource for everything lighting
- Lighting Resource - An on-line reference library for the lighting industry serving over 35,000 architects, engineers, contractors, designers and residential users annually. Indoor, outdoor, commercial, residential or industrial lighting fixtures ... all are included.
- LRC - Lighting Research Center - The Lighting Research Center (LRC) is part of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. We are the leading university-based research center devoted to lighting, we have built an international reputation as a reliable source for objective information about lighting technologies, applications, and products.
- NECA - National Electrical Contractors Association - NECA is dedicated to enhancing the industry through continuing education, labor relations, current information and promotional activities. It is the voice of the electrical contracting industry, working to promote higher standards, quality workmanship and training for a skilled workforce.
- NALMCO - International Association of Lighting Management Companies - The international Association of Lighting Management Companies is an organization of lighting management and related companies who are committed to promoting professional lighting management techniques, the benefits of quality lighting and to fostering the expansion of the lighting management industry in a professional and ethical manner for the benefit of its members and end users.
- NAED - Home of the National Association of Electrical Distributors - AED is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to serving and protecting the electrical distribution channel.
- NAESCO - National Association of Energy Service Companies - The National Association of Energy Service Companies is a national trade association which has been promoting the benefits of the widespread use of energy efficiency for over 20 years.
- NAILD - National Association of Independent Lighting Distributors - The National Association of Independent Lighting Distributors (NAILD) was founded in 1977 by a small group of lighting distributors. The main objectives of NAILD are to increase the effectiveness and profitability of the specialized lighting distributor through educational programs.
- NBI - New Buildings Institute - New Buildings Institute, Inc. is a not-for-profit public benefits corporation, helping to make buildings better for people and the environment.
- NCQLP - National Council on Qualifications for the Lighting Professions - The NCQLP is a non-profit organization founded in 1991 to serve and protect the well-being of the public through effective and efficient lighting practice. Through a peer-review process, the NCQLP establishes the education, experience and examination requirements for baseline certification across the lighting professions.
- NEMA - National Electrical Manufacturers Association - NEMA, created in the fall of 1926 by the merger of the Electric Power Club and the Associated Manufacturers of Electrical Supplies, provides a forum for the standardization of electrical equipment, enabling consumers to select from a range of safe, effective, and compatible electrical products.
- NETA - International Electrical Testing Association - The mission of the International Electrical Testing Association is to serve the electrical testing industry by establishing standards, publishing specifications, accrediting independent testing companies, certifying test technicians, and promoting the professional services of its members.
- NGLIA - Next Generation Lighting Industry Alliance - The Next Generation Lighting Industry Alliance (NGLIA) was formed in 2003 to foster industry-government partnership to accelerate the technical foundation, and ultimate commercialization, of solid state lighting systems.
- NLPIP - National Lighting Product Information Program at the Lighting Research Center - NLPIP, the National Lighting Product Information Program, helps lighting professionals, contractors, designers, building managers, homeowners, and other consumers find and effectively use efficient, quality products that meet their lighting needs. With the support of government agencies, public benefit organizations, and electric utilities, NLPIP disseminates objective, accurate, timely, manufacturer-specific information about energy-efficient lighting products.
- NLP - National Lighting Bureau - The National Lighting Bureau (NLB) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1976 to educate lighting decision-makers about the benefits of High-Benefit LightingŪ. The NLB is sponsored by professional societies, trade associations, manufacturers, utilities, and agencies of the federal government.
- PIER - Lighting Research Program - The California Energy Commission's PIER Lighting Research Program (LRP) is a two-year R&D program focused on developing and introducing new energy efficient lighting technologies into the marketplace.
- Professional Lighting and Sound Association - PLASA was established to provide commercial benefits to a business community, whilst improving working practices and advancing levels of safety and training within the entertainment, presentation, installation and communications industries.
- Radiance WWW Server - RADIANCE is a highly accurate ray-tracing software system for UNIX computers that is licensed at no cost to users for non-commercial use; commercial use licenses including distribution rights are available for a fee. Radiance was developed with primary support from the U.S. Department Of Energy and additional support from the Swiss Federal Government. It is copyrighted by the Regents of the University of California.
- SBIC - Sustainable Buildings Industry Council - SBIC is an independent, nonprofit organization whose mission is to advance the design, affordability, energy performance, and environmental soundness of America's buildings.
- Society of Television Lighting Directors - The Society provides a forum that stimulates a free exchange of ideas in all aspects of the television profession. It promotes discussion on techniques and on the use and design of equipment and arranges meetings throughout the UK and abroad.
- sci.engr.lighting - News group for lighting professionals
- SCLP - Small Commercial Lighting Program - SCLP provides lighting professionals with tools and resources to leverage the principals of effective, energy-efficient lighting design as a profitable business strategy.
- Underwriters Laboratories - UL is the trusted source across the globe for product compliance. Benefiting a range of customers - from manufacturers and retailers to consumers and regulating bodies - we've tested products for public safety for more than a century.
- USGBC - U.S. Green Building Council - The U.S. Green Building Council is the nation's foremost coalition of leaders from across the building industry working to promote buildings that are environmentally responsible, profitable and healthy places to live and work.
- Advanced Ballast - Free online training for LEUs, CLEP, CLMC credits. - Advance University has been officially accredited by the National Council on Qualifications for the Lighting Professions (NCQLP) for their LC (Lighting Certified) Program which involves self-reporting of Lighting Education Units (LEUs). Advance University has been officially accredited by the interNational Association of Lighting Management Companies (NALMCO) within their Certified Lighting Management Consultant (CLMC) Re-Certification Program. Advance University has been officially accredited by the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) for their Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional (CLEP) program.
- Lighting Design Lab - The Lighting Design Lab works to transform the Northwest lighting market by promoting quality design and energy efficient technologies.
Focused On The Future Of Lighting.
5021 Tamara Lane
West Des Moines, Iowa 50265
Copyright 2012 Lighting Associates, Inc.